Monday, January 19, 2009

A Moment In Time

I felt I needed to make a post tonight for a number of reasons starting with
The Inaugaration!
There are a few moments in time that go down in time for the impact they have. Where were you when:
  • JFK was asassanated
  • Elvis died
  • Diana died
  • 2 planes hit the World Trade Centre
  • and there are many more both good and bad. Tomorrow another one gets added to the list. WHERE WERE YOU WHEN
  • America swore in its first African American President?

I can tell you where I will be - glued to my TV set that's where! I am transfixed by this guy. He instills confidence everytime he speaks. His acceptance speech was simply enthralling for me. I believe that America will move forward under his leadership and most importantly for me he seems to understands being in a minority, diversity and difference. Can't wait can't wait CAN'T WAIT!

In other news I made it through my first week of work - all 2 days of it! and tomorrow sees the arrival of my 2nd trial manual wheelchair (since the first one was such an abject failure: read: I sat in it for 5mins and said "No way!")

The world Buskers festival starts here on Thursday, should be good so expect a post or 2 on that

No comments: