Saturday, January 10, 2009

If I thought it was HOT before....

you guessed it....It just got HOTTER Last Thursday (or was it Wed?) got to 40deg C. Now as you may have guessed we are simply not used to that kinda weather here! When I got home my disk drive on the computer sounded like it was about to blow up! I guess I'm a bit naughty and usually don't turn the computer off - but this night I decided I should and give the poor thing a rest. Don't think it was made for the heat either and if it was to crash on me, well I think I'd go a little nuts...no TradeMe (NZ ebay for those overseas readers) Facebook, email or seeing what Archie has been up to...perish the thought! But here I am, computer alive and kicking so a rest must have been what it needed.

So its been a few days of heat rest and relaxation for me. Not too much to report but I have managed to see a couple of movies:
  1. The Curious Case Of Benjamen Button. I did enjoy this, its a nice little, different romantic tale but man was it LONG! I do think they could have shortened it some. On the plus side, as he got younger it never fails to amaze me just how good looking Brad Pitt is. This AND he has a social concience! *swoon* *** 3/5 stars on my scale.
  2. Yes Man This I LOVED I have to admit to being a little 50/50 on Jim Carrey movies but I wanted to see it as it has fellow kiwi RHYS DARBY - (AKA Murray from Flight Of The Conchords) in it. Jim was great and Rhys playing Murray esque Norman was a real scene stealer If you want a good laugh this is it *****5/5 stars

Talking of Flight of the Conchords reminds me that I have added a couple more sites that I like flight of the conchords.com. If you haven't checked these guys out before you should now! Quirky funny and bizzare that is them! Also David Archuletta BIG fan here! This young guy is amazing. His voice is absolutely incredible! He is soooo humble I can't help but like him even more. If I make it to the States one day (2010?) I'm gonna try and see a concert of his

Well thats about my lot for now...Thanks so much for your comments keep em comin!

2 comments:

Jenny-May said...

Hey, hey lady!!! Great to hear from you! So, US in 2010, huh? I sure hope so! You have to plan a stop in San Antonio!!!

Well, maybe with both of us having blogs, we can keep up a little better! lol

Take care,
J-M

Rachel said...

LOL JM when I read your blog yesterday that's what made me think "I should keep mine up"