Friday, January 2, 2009

Is It Hot Or What?

The last few days here have been stifiling! Now I know its summer and I do like heat (or thought I did!) but since boxing day it has been consistantly over 25C. It seems to have cooled down tonight and we are supposed to be getting rain tomorrow - in time for the One Day International Criket Game

I can't wait to get my assesment done so I can go swimming 2x per week with help. The assesment process is not fast and 2 months ago I was told it would take a month! I love being in water as I can walk! My nieces and nephews used to love it when they were younger "Its magic" they'd cry

I now have my own art on my wall. Some friends got it framed for me for Christmas and its very cool. (Its also my avatar on here) It is done using a technique called A R T and I'm going to add a link to the official american website. A friend of mine travelled to New York to learn how to be a "tracker" with a view to bringing it back to New Zealand. I got very enthused when I read Tim's book FLYING COLORS as I could see in the book that he really *got* disability and the lack of expectation that people often place on disabled people. Suffice to say he never made that mistake and the rest is history! Charitee got me one of Tim's copies! and now I just have to figure out who I lent it to. It is a FANTASTIC read.

Got the iPhone up and running with 64 songs on it already, I won't wax lyrical about it anymore but in closing the subject will just say I LOVE IT

1 comment:

Droopy said...

Lucky you are not here,
It averages 32+c during the day and very steamy from the overnight storms