Friday, February 6, 2009

Brrrm Brrrm!

I got my CAR! YAY LOL I'll post pics as soon as I can. But true to funding stories it wasn't straight forward....I looked at the car and decided to buy it just before Christmas. I said to the sales guy that they probably wouldn't get payment till the week of the 12 of Jan. He was happy with this and for me it meant I didn't have to pay insurance while it was still at the yard! On the 19th I hadn't heard anything and I rang the caryard who said they hadn't been paid yet. I said I would chase it up. I rang ENABLE (the funding agency) but they had an anniversary day and I spent the next week playing phone tag! On the 26th when I finally got through to a real live person, they said they had paid on the 21st Jan GREAT but the only problem was that the caryard had no record of it! Enable said they would sort it out with the caryard and get back to me the next day (Tues) When I hadn't heard anything by the Thursday I rang to be told "Oh we just discovered that we sent the cheque to the wrong PO Box number and now we have to wait to get the cheque back before we can direct credit the car yard." HUH? But I waited until last Tuesday and rang again. No Cheque had been returned yet. I suggested they cancel the cheque and pay the caryard, to be told "No we have to wait till we get the cheque back." WTF? LOL When I pointed out that they may never get that cheque back I was met with silence and they weren't moving their stance. So I decided to call in the big guns of one of my coworkers who could drop "CCS Disability Action blah blah..."into the conversation, which he did on Wednesay and lo and behold the car was ready to be picked up on Thursday! He rang me to say "Am I good or what?" and when I asked what he said, he said in a nice way he told the guy he was being a dick! LMAO!! So now I have a very shiny red MAZDA 2 (2002) in my garage!!

Now I thought to myself I need to get insurance sorted. So I rang State insurance as I have my home and contents insurance with them. Spoke to this really nice guy called Dougal. He was really chatty, I now almost know his life history! LOL I explained the situation, - had car, other people would be driving it, I have no licence, all my drivers would be over 25 etc etc. He worked out the premium at $1040 ish per year (Ouch!) Then said it was so high basically because it had no no claims discount and I didn't have a licence. Then he said "that's not very fair as you are never going to drive the car. Let me talk to my boss" and he put me on hold. He came back apologising that he couldn't talk to the right person but will ring you back with an answer on Sunday." This guy had been so helpfull that I was happy with this. 2 hours later he rang to say my new premium was $400ish per year! I was ecstatic and told him he deserved a pay rise LOL! And I thought insurance people weren't that nice! It just goes to prove that common sense does prevail!

So let the adventures begin!

No comments: